I'm a bit late to share this with you, Day 1 has already begun! But I truly enjoyed watching the interviews and have learned so much already! The Glowing Skin Summit is FREE and running from April 27th- May 4th, bringing secrets from 35 of the top wellness, nutrition, hormone and skin experts. They will teach you the best natural (and least invasive) treatments for glowing skin and vibrant health.
Our skin is so important, it is the largest organ of our body! And it really shows outwardly what is going on the inside. I love that, because it is a great warning system. Being fully honest- this is something I have been working on for years now! My skin was fine, maybe a bit dry but clear all through my 20s and teens. I was also taking the BCP. I stopped that about 5 years ago (got totally sick of using hormones to trick my body), and ever since then my skin has been my biggest challenge. So I am so excited to listen to this summit over and over again as I learn something new each time!
10 of my favourite daily skincare routines:
1) Take care of my gut health (you will learn why when listening to the summit!)- Probiotics, Prebiotics, Digestive Enzymes, Sauerkraut (naturally fermented), Kombucha, and organic fruits and veggies
2) Wash my face with a naturally anti-bacterial facecloth (Norwex) and warm water
3) Cleanse and tone my face with my favourite "liquid vitamins" Sensé Beautiful Science Skincare
4) Moisturize with Coconut Oil blended with Lavender essential oils (LOVE so many oils!)
5) Daily antioxidants and minerals, double dose of Omega 3s and a boost of vitamin C and grape seed extract (Proflavanol C!) <3 <3
6) Lemon water, lots of greens, fresh juices and wild salmon
7) Reduce sugars! This has been the most difficult for me. But it is always a work in progress- striving for progress every day. Here is a great blog post on how to reduce sugars : https://www.deepakchopra.com/blog/article/5196
8) Meditation, acceptance, self love. Reduce stress. Yoga. SLEEP!
9) Following my true path, being authentic to myself! Creating my Freedom Design program (which I cannot wait to share with you soon!)
10) Wash my sheets and clothing with Eco-balls, and Norwex laundry soap.
11) Bonus step! Get to the summit to learn more!! Register here!
There are so many more awesome tips you will learn about on the Summit!! I cannot wait to learn more and get my GLOW on! Join me!
The fall season in Ontario is truly one of the reasons we endure winter. Summer is wonderful but fall means fireplaces, sweatshirts, apple pie, and everything pumpkin! I have created a pumpkin spice smoothie (PSS) that I just LOVE and have had so many others enjoy as well, so I wanted to share that with all of you :)
It's so easy, here's what I do:
I use a Blendtec blender but really any type will do
- 1.5 Cups of almond milk, coconut milk, or whatever type you like best! When I'm in Toronto I pick up fresh pressed almond or coconut mylk from Donna at Mylk Run (she has many other goodies too)
- 3 Scoops of USANA's plant protein powder, Nutrimeal Free which is also super full of vitamins and minerals to help power your cells!
- ½ Cup of fresh pumpkin! I roast a pumpkin in the fall and then portion it off to cupcake sized servings to freeze and use at any time for smoothies. But at this time of year I am roasting pumpkins for pie anyhow so I just save some aside in the fridge.
- Pumpkin spices: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Ginger, Vanilla. Use as you feel- more cinnamon and less of the others I find is less "spicy" for me!
- A handful of ice cubes
- ½ Scoop of USANA's Fibergy to bring in some extra fiber
- A teaspoon of MCT oil from Upgraded Self
And BLEND! Enjoy and feel free to share any fantastic modifications you make!
I love to share health information, wealth building tips, entrepreneurial ideas, and travel experiences! Talk about a range! But doing what I love has truly paid off and I hope to help inspire you to do the same!