I'm a bit late to share this with you, Day 1 has already begun! But I truly enjoyed watching the interviews and have learned so much already! The Glowing Skin Summit is FREE and running from April 27th- May 4th, bringing secrets from 35 of the top wellness, nutrition, hormone and skin experts. They will teach you the best natural (and least invasive) treatments for glowing skin and vibrant health.
Our skin is so important, it is the largest organ of our body! And it really shows outwardly what is going on the inside. I love that, because it is a great warning system. Being fully honest- this is something I have been working on for years now! My skin was fine, maybe a bit dry but clear all through my 20s and teens. I was also taking the BCP. I stopped that about 5 years ago (got totally sick of using hormones to trick my body), and ever since then my skin has been my biggest challenge. So I am so excited to listen to this summit over and over again as I learn something new each time!
10 of my favourite daily skincare routines:
1) Take care of my gut health (you will learn why when listening to the summit!)- Probiotics, Prebiotics, Digestive Enzymes, Sauerkraut (naturally fermented), Kombucha, and organic fruits and veggies
2) Wash my face with a naturally anti-bacterial facecloth (Norwex) and warm water
3) Cleanse and tone my face with my favourite "liquid vitamins" Sensé Beautiful Science Skincare
4) Moisturize with Coconut Oil blended with Lavender essential oils (LOVE so many oils!)
5) Daily antioxidants and minerals, double dose of Omega 3s and a boost of vitamin C and grape seed extract (Proflavanol C!) <3 <3
6) Lemon water, lots of greens, fresh juices and wild salmon
7) Reduce sugars! This has been the most difficult for me. But it is always a work in progress- striving for progress every day. Here is a great blog post on how to reduce sugars : https://www.deepakchopra.com/blog/article/5196
8) Meditation, acceptance, self love. Reduce stress. Yoga. SLEEP!
9) Following my true path, being authentic to myself! Creating my Freedom Design program (which I cannot wait to share with you soon!)
10) Wash my sheets and clothing with Eco-balls, and Norwex laundry soap.
11) Bonus step! Get to the summit to learn more!! Register here!
There are so many more awesome tips you will learn about on the Summit!! I cannot wait to learn more and get my GLOW on! Join me!
What an adventure having a dog is! If you haven't yet seen a picture of our newest addition, this is Coconut our little French Bulldog! She is 4 months old, and has been a ton of fun! (Oh yes a lot of work too- you bet!). She even gave us the scare of a lifetime the other day when she swallowed a raw rib bone and was choking. Off to emerg, 48 hours of monitoring, and lots of coconut oil, snacks, and love, and happy to report she is fine :D
Last week I decided to make her some homemade treats. I am not a fan of all of the strange ingredients in dog treats (especially gluten), and I question why they are so heavily carb based, so I figured I would make my own! I wanted something healthy and natural but that will hopefully be tasty for the pooch. So I found a recipe online and modified it.
5. Spread out the mix on a pan, I used parchment paper as it is easer to avoid sticking. At this point you could use a cookie cutter or hand create different shapes if you want! I did not, as my baking supplies are packed somewhere.. but that would be a fun idea. Of course we do know the shapes are just for our enjoyment.. the dogs don't care!
6. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool for another couple minutes, and then cut them into pieces if you haven't used cookie cutters or shaped them in advance. Make sure they are fully cooled before letting your fur baby sample them! These treats, although a strange combination of flavours, are perfectly healthy for humans too (so don't worry if your child tries one!), and are fine for cats if they like them! Straya (my fatcat) did not :(
The coconut oil or other fat used, and coconut flour is super healthy for their shiny coat of fur and strong nails, and healthy cells in general! The flax has omegas and fibre, the turmeric will help with any inflammation, and the sea salt provides micronutrients. If you use bone broth that will also provide tons of vitamins and minerals as well as collagen for healthy joints.
Preventative medicine is not just for humans. Anything we can do to help our pets live longer healthier lives makes sense to me!
Home Made High Fat Grain Free Puppy Treats!
- ½ cup beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup of oil of choice (bacon fat, coconut oil, olive oil)
- 1 ⅓ cup tapioca flour (from cassava!)
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a small pot over medium heat bring the broth and fat to a boil
3. While that is boiling, mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl
4. After the broth has come to a boil, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix them well
5. On parchment paper on a pan, press the dough into a rectangle, approximately ¼ inch thick. You can then cut them into shapes or use a cookie cutter, or leave whole
6. Bake for 15 minutes, when the timer goes off shut the oven off, open the oven door a crack, and leave open to cool
7. After about 5 minutes remove from oven to cut into pieces if needing to still
8. Once cooled, serve!
I love to share health information, wealth building tips, entrepreneurial ideas, and travel experiences! Talk about a range! But doing what I love has truly paid off and I hope to help inspire you to do the same!
All Acne Antioxidants Bacon Biohacking Bulletproof Butter Coffee Cleanse Coconut-oil Detox Douglas Labs Dry Skin Essential Oils Fall Fiber Gluten-free Gut-health Health Jerf Meditate Miessence Minerals Nutrition Oily Skin Optimal Paleo Pastured Plant Based Lifestyle Plant-based Lifestyle Probiotics Pss Pumpkin Pumpkin Spice Real Food Shake Skin Skincare Sleep Smoothie Stress Superfoods Sustainable Thorne Research Usana Usana Health Sciences Vegan Vegetarian Vitamins Yoga